Friday, October 1, 2010

Sister Morphine:Stop That Sway

As the plane landed in San Francisco,I looked out the window and saw her dancing in the rain,smiling from deep within,a journey similar to no one. The clock in the mind drifted to St.Mark's Place,the faces lit with joy,their shoes clean and polished for the road.Each sunrise and sunset on that road vanished into dreams split, sparkled with rainbows of my time here.The Stones played at the airport that day.Their music danced like the dancing, gypsy woman in and out of the corridors that shaped the palace.

Mick was singing "Sway" in a sweatshirt he bought in London the year before. The shirt was made in the suburbs of London by a family that sold organic pigs and chickens to the city(Mick was always into nutrition).I believe the color was orange and blue- black.Years later Mick would wear costumes made in the Philippines by their president's wife(Matilda). Matilda loved expensive shoes and Mick picked up the best ones in Milan,Italy for her. He overcharged her because he thought their government hid money in Switzerland for their own future. The dancing woman was symbolic of the West coast at the time.This was 1971 and the Hare Krishna folks danced with her as she swayed in and out of her body.She was beautiful, like a star born or a baby's smile.Everyone is physically beautiful at twenty-one.The rain brought everyone together at the airport as one.Same dream,same illusion draped in clouded mystery wasted on the thoughts of someone dying for our souls to be reborn.Children ran up to Keith with dead flowers that he immediately brought them back to life with his laugh and smile.As Charlie started drumming the opening of"Brown Sugar",fifty black girls from Oakland came out of the cafeteria to dance with the gypsy woman and the Hare Krishna souls who had eyes of gold.They all began to chant"which way you going Billy".

After the spacious fun at the airport,I went to Chinatown for some rice and beans(Puerto Rican Style).Did you know that the Chinese made the best rice in beans in California.They make it with a paste from a plant that grows upside down in the highlands of Chicago. Chinese women also love the Irish/German men who have long,long hair and freckles.Obviously,I had it made and ate all night for free. On the boulivard, I saw the same dancing woman dressed up like a clown.She smiled at me and drifted up into a cloud and I lost her(she returned in a dream). I slept out in Golden Gate park that night and met many people from around the world. It was four years from the summer of love and S.F. became a mecca for so many breathing hearts. I met a Muslim from Afghanistan that told me someday he would join the Taliban.He said he was agreat actor thereand the Taliban was a production company for the arts. He said he loved women but they had to be subservant to men because God loved men more for dying in holy wars.God is always on the side of holy people in a war or a play about adult relationships on cruise ships..In the morning,I went down to the ocean and saw seals playing with seagulls before breakfast.I was hungry(Chinese food doesn't fill you) so I began talking to the seals. They were way out in the waves so I think they didn't hear me. I sent a seagull out to talk to them about catching me some fish so I could have a "fish fry". Thankfully,the seals understood the seagulls and I got my fish to fry(Pacific flounder.) I took the fish to my girlfriends in Chinatown for lunch and it was the best fish fry I ever had(less the fry I had in Howard Johnson's in the Bronx by the Whitestoned Bridge).Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment